Rich history…community camaraderie…kids having fun…YOU having fun…have we sold you yet? If you want to be a part of the Little Cubs Field Mission, there are a number of ways you can help.
Donate directly to Little Cubs Field!
We are a 501c3 non-profit charity. Your donation may be tax deductible subject to IRS regulations. Receipts will be provided for contributions in excess of $75. All major credit cards are accepted. Thank you for supporting Little Cubs Field!
Mail in check, money order, or cashiers check to:
Little Cubs Field
4596 US Route 20 East
Freeport, IL 61032
We need volunteers to help with field maintenance, and we hope to expand our volunteer base so there’s always a friendly face to welcome the many out-of-town visitors who arrive at the field on summer weekdays. You’ll find full information about that on the Wish List page.
In addition, we need paid workers to work in the gift shop on summer weekends from 11am-5pm.
Our next two fundraisers are definite palate-pleasers!
Generations Brewing Company Beer Tasting
Tuesday, June 6
5:30 – 8:30pm
1400 S. Adams St., Freeport
$30 per person; includes tastings, snack foods and a complimentary tasting glass.
Cub Foods Brat Stand
August 11th & 12th
Thank you for your interest in helping us honor the great American game and those who love it. For 2017, these are our seven greatest needs:
- Volunteers to greet visitors to Little Cubs Field and Freeport.
Tourists from all over America visit our famous baseball field every day. Usually, they just take photos and depart, missing a chance to explore and enjoy our wonderful community. We want to change this by ensuring there’s someone at the field to greet and inform them on weekdays.
- Shifts will be available on weekdays, because the gift shop is open on weekends
- Shifts are 3 hours and run — and —4pm.
- Training and information/materials on area attractions will be provided.
- You can work in pairs if you like.
- Volunteers to help with field maintenance as needed.
- Gift Shop Workers – These are paid positions, and the hours are usually 11am—5pm.
- A Lift – Use of a lift is needed at times during the summer to perform maintenance tasks.
- Wiffleballs – Preferably the baseball-size ones with holes in half of the ball.
- Wiffleball bats of all sizes
- Five gallon buckets
Our battalion of Bleacher Bums helped us build a replica of the iconic Wrigley Field bleachers in left field with $100 donations. Each donor was recognized with an attractive plaque affixed permanently to a bleacher seat.
Though the bleachers are completed, there are still seats left to buy. Put your family or business in the bleachers forever and help meet future needs. An easy form is here: